Melbourne JOTA Base
Hi – you have found the page for the Melbourne Region JOTA base. We will be active on Saturday 19th October from about 2:30pm until early evening, and again on Sunday 20th from 9 am until lunchtime.
Where are we?
1st Glen Iris Scout Hall, Ferndale Park, Glen Iris Rd, Glen Iris
-37.8524578,145.0691935 for the GPS (or Google Maps) will find us.
Amateur Radio Maidenhead Locator QF22md85
When are we?
We expect that our station will be manned from around 2:30 pm through to 7 pm on Saturday and 9am to 12 midday Sunday. (All times are AEDT)
We are open for ‘drop in’ visitors this year, but if you can, please send an email to the base coordinator Murray Taylor (VK3MJT) to let me know when you may come in to see us.
What are we?
Activities we are running will include
- HF / VHF / UHF radio station on air as listed below
- Fox hunt challenge
- We have a BIG park to hide in
- Morse code base
- Morse code practice sets will be available for sale
- Soldering station
- Beginners class
- Phonetics challenge
- Construction of portable radio station
- For Joeys and Cubs we demonstrate how Amateur Radio can be of service in emergency situations
- For Scout, Venturers, and Rovers – they have to build the mast first (how good is your knotting skills?)
- Watch this space –> <– we may add other activities
Amateur Radio Station:
Operator callsigns may include:
- Others may be added
Our amateur radio station will be active on HF, VHF, and (maybe) UHF.
Frequencies monitored at times throughout the activity will include
Australian Scout Calling Frequencies
- 40m 7.090 MHz
- 20m 14.190 MHz
- 10m 28.590 MHz
- (6m 52.160 MHz optional)
- 2m will scan various repeaters
- 70cm will scan various repeaters
More information about our station and bands, frequencies, etc. will be posted here in the lead up to the weekend, and will be updated as required during the event.